I have been craft-crazy lately!!!!! I'm not sure why my craftiness has its ups and downs like it does, but I have been going from a starburst mirror to a fall wreath to beaded letter framed art!!! My favorite so far is this starburst mirror that I found in a YouTube tutorial months ago and finally got around to making it.
You can find all the details in the video, but here is a little step-by-step by my daughter and me as we made her a small aqua-colored one! This picture doesn't do it justice....it's very sparkly!!!
Circle mirror (from a craft store or some Dollar Tree stores)
Cardboard box or cereal box
Lots of sticks!
Glue gun & glue sticks
Optional: Acrylic paint or spray paint
Optional: Command strips for hanging
1. Trace mirrors onto cardboard twice, leaving about an inch around each circle.
2. Cut about an inch around each cardboard circle.
3. Poke a hole in the center, then cut out the inside of ONE of the cardboard circles.
4. Begin gluing the sticks onto the cardboard circle. Break off any sticks that are too long. This is the fun part....we glued on over 100 sticks and it never got old!!
5. Allow glue to dry for a few minutes.
6. Paint with a brush or use spray paint. Sprinkle with glitter immediately if you want a little sparkle!!! Allow to dry for an hour or so.
7. Use glue gun to attach the circle mirror to your OTHER cardboard circle.
8. Add glue to the cardboard area around the mirror of that same circle and press your circle of sticks onto the glue. (Sorry I forgot to take a pic of this step!!!)
9. Attach Command Strips to the back and hang.
-->If you make this craft project, please send me pictures! I'd love to see your creativity!!!!