Our Christmas Breakfast 2013:
I usually make breakfast casserole twice per year....Easter and Christmas. In my head, it's a very time-consuming dish, so I save it for special occasions. But, really it's not that bad!!! And I recently discovered an even easier way to make it...in the microwave in single servings!!! Brown the meat ahead of time, and the rest can be made fairly quickly in the morning.
PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE
About 4 oz. ground pork or turkey sausage, browned (I usually brown an entire pound at once and freeze or refrigerate the rest)
1 piece of buttered bread, crust removed
1 Tbs. shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbs. milk
1. Spray a small bowl with cooking spray. Add the piece of buttered bread.
2. Sprinkle the cooked sausage on top
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
4. Pour the egg/milk mixture on top of the cooked sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Microwave for 45 seconds. Optional: add a little more cheese and cook for another 10 seconds.
6. Remove from bowl and allow to cool on a plate for a couple minutes. Enjoy!
I cut my bread into a circle with a sandwich cutter so it fits nicely into the bowl;)
Kid approved!!! ;)