I love all the fancy planners available now! They come in so many beautiful colors and designs with custom covers and pages and so many fabulous accessories! However, I'm a big fan of just printing my own pages and sticking them into a binder. If I mess something up, I can just re-print a page. Also, I tend to hold on to things like planners for years, fearful of throwing away memories! But if I print my own pages, I am very quick to toss them when the month/year is over. Less clutter, less decisions, keeping it simple!!!!
Here is what I do.
1. Each month I print a new monthly page and fill-in the dates (or I may use one of my pre-dated designs). This one is available for purchase in my Etsy shop for only $3.00.
2. Then I open my iPhone calendar....which is our master family calendar! All our devices are linked to the iCalendar so that is always the first place I add a new event. Why do I even bother with a printable calendar when I have the iPhone calendar? Because I like to have a paper one in front of me at my desk when I'm at the computer or working on a project. Or if I'm on my phone, it's just easier for me to have everything out in front of me.
3. I get out my colored neon stickers. Each color represents a different family member. I have a "key" at the top of the calendar to show who is who!
4. I simply write the events on the stickers and then stick them on the calendar. Quick, easy, and a great way to quickly scan for my own events, the kids' activities, etc. Plus, it's kinda fun too!!!!
5. I also use a Week-at-a-Glance page each week and a Food Journal every day. I have a separate post devoted to those coming soon!!! Happy planning!